Graphic Design / Sign Project Coordinator Graphic Design / Mundelein, IL
Posted On: April 08, 2021
right candidate will work closely with coworkers to plan, design, and produce
artwork to meet customer requirements. This position will facilitate
professional growth both inside the design arena as well as general business
typical day for our designer is spent preparing files on the computer,
consulting with customers, providing proofs and sending files to production.
Other activities are permitting, contractor selection, sign project
coordination. In addition, performing customer
service duties such as answering phones and providing quotes. Because our
operation is a small business, candidate must be self-starter, willing to jump
in and pull their share of the load at whatever task is required and be able
to work under pressure. This position requires a unique combination of office
skills, creative design skills and good communication skills. The preferred
candidate will be experienced with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign,
Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat. Sign project coordination experience is a
Activities will include, but not limited to:
- Working with Adobe Creative Cloud to design and produce customer materials
- Print Design
- Sign Design
- Sign Permitting
- Identifying sign subcontract vendors
- Sign project coordination
- Marketing Product Design
- Designing materials based on customer consultations
- Manipulating customer supplied art
- Print & Sign production layout
- Opportunities to work on store’s self-promotional materials
- Although graphic design & sign project coordination is the focus of the
position, candidates should understand that there are additional
responsibilities. Please note additional production and customer service
Customer Service Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to incoming calls and emails
- Providing quotes
- Handling routine questions and requests by customers
- Following up on work being produced to ensure accurate and timely production
- Handling customer concerns and facilitating satisfactory resolutions
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by management.
What are we looking for?
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required and candidates must have
the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Must be persuasive and goal driven
- Friendly personality and good attitude with a commitment to provide a high
level of customer service
- Communicate well orally and in writing
- Creative thinker who can bring customer projects to life from concept to copy
- Must be able to manage electronic communications and instructions
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must have a keen eye for color
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required
What's in it for you?
- Compensation $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Paid vacation time after three months of employment
Education and Experience:
degree preferred but not required.
in the printing or design field is preferred but not required.
in sign project coordination is preferred.
Applicants must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the job which
will include lifting boxes. Training on products, services, estimating
software, equipment, and prepress specifics will be provided.
316 Washington St.
Mundelein, IL 60060
How to Apply